Sunday, January 13, 2019

Life Update

Well hello...very long time, no post.

I've said several times on posts on Instagram that I've been working on a post about my trip to Italy in May of 2018 and that it would up soon. I lied. I just started it...on January 13, 2019.

What can I say? I've been busy.

While I work away on that post, I thought that I would share a quick life update that can fill you in on why I haven't been writing blog posts or posting on Instagram often.

And if you've forgotten what I look like:


I got a job in July of 2018.


I currently work for a medical device company as a hire through a contracting company. This started out as a "work for three months until the contract is over then take the GRE" kind of deal, but then my contract kept getting extended. Low and behold, here I am still working and I still haven't taken the GRE. I have applied to jobs though.

Progress? Maybe.

This is the primary reason of why I haven't been sharing a lot. I never have time to take photos of anything and I stare at a computer all day at work so the last thing that I want to do is go home and write a blog post.

All of my free time is devoted to family, friends, exercise, and reading.

I live in my hometown now. 


Unlike other bloggers, I don't live in a hip city, have a great social life, or a great relationship (I'm very single). I generally believe there is nothing going on in this city that any of you would be interested in learning or seeing. However, let me know if you would actually like to see a post on that.

I live in a town with nothing cool going on that I believe would interest the people that actually still follow me on Instagram. If you still do, thanks for sticking around. I appreciate it.

While I hope to move to a larger town or to a city (Indianapolis, fingers crossed), you're stuck with my ramblings from small town Indiana.

I want to change the blog. 


Ever since I graduate in May, I have wrestled with the idea of ending my blog. Completely. I figured that being a sorority girl at a Big Ten school may have a been a large part of my identity

I am no longer a "college blogger". I graduated in May and I'm still trying to 'find myself' if that's how you want to think about it'.

I haven't been a fashion blogger for long time. Maybe I never was. So that is definitely out. I may still share my current favorites from a brand, but I doubt I will be styling any outfits for Instagram any time soon.

Hoosier State of Prep will now become a lifestyle blog. What I mean by lifestyle is that from now on posts are going to be about travel, books, recipes, health/fitness, and general ramblings about both personal and current events.

(I'm sure that you'll all be thrilled to hear how life is in a small, Indiana town)

There will be a blog name change. 


I haven't dressed 'prep' in awhile. I haven't felt like I identify with my current name and handle for awhile now, so it is time for a change.

I'm not sure what the new name and handle will be, but if you have any ideas please message me on Instagram or comment on this post.

Along with a name change, I want to be able to have my own domain instead of ".blogspot" in my URL, so I need to keep that in mind with my new name.
-

That's it for now. You can thank my friend Ashley for inspiring me to finally write a blog post! It's been a year and two days since my last post (yikes).

Believe it or not, I have at least three blog post ideas in my head right now that I will be begin drafting, including the long awaited post on my trip to Italy and London.

I cannot wait for what is to come on Hoosier State of Prep, soon to be something else!















No comments:

Post a Comment