Friday, March 27, 2015

Friday Find: Fish Therapy

So over spring break I kept seeing fish therapy offered almost everywhere. First, I saw it in several downtown Playa del Carmen/ Rivera Maya while I was shopping along 5th street (avenue, I don't remember). Then it was at Xel-Ha, which is where I got it after snorkeling with my dad. Let me tell you, it is so worth it! My feet hadn't felt/looked that good in ages. It was so worth the money. Sadly, my feet are already back to being victims of walking all over campus, I'm sorry feet, I really am. 

What is fish therapy? 

  •  Name: Ictiotherapy
  • What: The fish that are used are part of the carp family and are called "Garra Rufa" aka the fish doctor 
  • Why: 
    • To treat eczemas, psoriasis, and old scars. 
    • To stimulate blood flow, which is stimulated by the suction from the fish. 
    • To relax the hands and feet. (I hadn't felt that relaxed in ages)
I got all of this information from Xel-Ha, but I'm sure you can find more online. 
For just $15 dollars I got to experience this therapy for 15 minutes. I highly recommend it!



I even got my dad to do it!

Will you consider fish therapy?







No comments:

Post a Comment