Monday, July 17, 2017

Look for Less: Cult Gaia Bag

As of late, I feel like almost every blog post I see is about either the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale (please stop saying a pair boots for $400 is a steal, it's not), straw bags, or the Cult Gaia Gaia Ark Bag. So, I decided to see what all of the hype was about, but I refused to pay the $170 for the bag  so I found this dupe by Miuco on Amazon for $69.99 with Prime.

Both bags are made of bamboo, and look exactly the same. Some may say Miuco bag is a fake, but, I ordered the bag to see why others were obsessed with it. The Miuco bag came with a mini scarf to tie on the handles and a bookmark. For styling purposes, I used a purse scarf that I already had.






I ordered the large tote bag, which is actually larger than the large Gaia bag. Dimensions of both are: 12.5" x 10.5" x 6" vs 12.5" x 10.5" x 4".






Dress (J.Crew, similar) | Shoes (Franco Sarto, similar) | Purse scarf (Coach, similar)


It's a beautiful bag, but is it practical?

In my opinion, no. I personally don't get the hype over a bag that is basically see through. While it may be a beautiful looking bag, I feel like it makes a better table decoration than a bag. If I'm going to purchase a bag, it needs to be able to keep my wallet, phone, keys, etc. away from the wondering eye.

I personally decided to return the bag. It wasn't comfortable to hold and it just didn't seem practical for my life. What do you guys think?




4 comments:

  1. I'm not to sure what the hype is with this bag either, I certainly couldn't justify spending the money on it. However this is a GREAT dupe...I need to learn how to shop Amazon better.

    Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I have been seeing this bag everywhere! It definitely looks like an amazing Summer staple!

    xo, Chloe // http://funinthecloset.com/striped-summer-jumpsuit/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This bag is so unique! Perfect for summer I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know about you, but my bag often gets disorganized QUICK! I throw receipts, random items, et cetera. So it's definitely not always pretty enough to be on display. Actually, it's RARELY organized enough haha. Cute, but definitely not practical for me!

    xo, Taylor || The Millennial Sprinkle (thesprinkle.tayloramead.com)

    ReplyDelete