Wednesday, July 15, 2015

College Series: Totes vs. Backpacks

First thing first: is your class schedule heavy or light?

For me, both semesters of my freshman year had heavy days and light days. MWF were the heavy days with 4-5 classes while T and Th were light with 1-2 classes. I personally like to switch up my school bags so I wouldn't get tired of the same thing every single day.

For heavy class load days:

I recommend backpacks for those days. Better for your shoulders, and they hold more. Plus, HOLDERS FOR YOUR WATER AND/OR COFFEE. Priorities, guys. Priorities. Seriously.

So my MWF bag was a backpack. Personally, all of my backpacks from high school and college have been North Face. However, here are some backpack suggestions that I think will help everyone:


Questions to ask yourself when picking out a backpack:
Is it waterproof?
Can it hold a water bottle?
Is it comfortable?
Is it big enough?
Do I like the color?

Tips for when picking out a backpack:
Go to a store and try on several.
Read reviews online.
Ask employees which ones are more popular.
Ask which ones are more popular for college students.

I personally use a North Face Surge II and I love it. I wish it had more than one cup holder, but I love it regardless!


For light schedule days: 

I recommend a tote bag for these days unless you are going to go study after or between classes and want to be able to hold more. Totes can complete an outfit and are easy to carry around. Whichever one you choose should be durable! 


Tips for totes for school:
Make sure it can fit your laptop+ textbooks/notebooks and pencils.
Make sure it's comfortable.
If you live in a seasonal area, make sure it's durable.
Do you want one that can zip?

I personally use a Longchamp Le Pliage and I love it! It's durable and fashionable! If you get a Longchamp, get a color that you enjoy! I have a red one and an orange one instead of the 'classic' colors. Though, as I become older and ease into a professional life, I will probably buy a classic color. 

*I chose these bags because they are ones that I would purchase. The companies are not paying me to advertise for them. Check my disclosure page for more information.

What kind of bag do you use for your schedule?




No comments:

Post a Comment