Sunday, November 8, 2015

Dad's Weekend

After a few weeks with no football games in town, the Iowa Hawkeyes rolled into town this weekend along with my parents for Phi Mu's Dad's Weekend. I am so glad that I got to spend two days with my parents after not seeing them for about a month!

Friday afternoon my parents and I ventured to Brown County, the neighboring county to the one in which Bloomington is located, and explored. We ended up in Nashville, Indiana where there is an abundance of quaint shops in old houses. Going to Nashville and Brown County is definitely something that I would recommend to anyone that attends IU! 

Saturday we spent the day at our Dad's Weekend tailgate followed by the football game. Sadly, IU lost, but the team did give the Hawkeyes, who are ranked 9th in the nation, a run for their money. The final score was 35-27. Also, let's not forget that ESPN called out the IU fans for being horrible for leaving at or before halftime at every single game! All I can say to ESPN is: "Don't you know IU is a tailgate school?". 

Also, it's safe to say that I'm obsessed with our Dad's Weekend theme, which was similar to the Reagan/Bush campaign in 1984. 







"IU may have lost, but I won the dad lottery. "
-Carly Moffie 



No comments:

Post a Comment