Sunday, October 29, 2017

How to Create a Last Minute Costume from Your Closet



Last night I had planned to do a group costume with some friends, but when the other two fell ill, I had to scramble to figure out a last minute costume. I don't have any of my costume things this year because I completely forgot to grab the box from storage when I moved back down to school so I was very limited on what I could do.

I spent the whole drive from Indy to Bloomington thinking of costumes that I could make with the clothes in my closet and in the end I was trying to choose between Bad (without the Boujee) and a disgruntled housewife/suburban mom (aka Karen who asks to see the manager). After asking all of my friends, I decided to do the suburban mom. Also, I was not trying to insult moms in anyway with this costume. Moms (and dads) are amazing and they do so much that we don't appreciate. 

I made my costume by picking a pair a jeans, pairing a tank top, and Converse (complete with tailgate field dirt) with my apron that I got from an art festival this summer. I've linked a cheap option from H&M that could easily be used for a costume and for the kitchen. Another way to do this costume would be to wear sweats or leggings with a robe and maybe hair curlers. I decided to go against doing a legging look because my friends know that I wear leggings daily already.

If I had done the Bad (without the Boujee), I would have worn the same tank with black ripped jeans, a jean jacket, and a bandana around my neck. 







Shop my look:
         


Pin it:

        

No comments:

Post a Comment