Tuesday, April 28, 2015

What's the Matcha With You?

Thank you Starbucks for introducing me to a drink that is cheap, healthy, and delicious: Matcha Water. For just $0.89 I can get a Venti Matcha water with two scoops of matcha. 

For those of you who have no idea what matcha water is, think of it as an iced green tea latte without the milk. Personally, I don't think green tea and milk should be mixed, so matcha water is thing green tea drink for me. So what is matcha?

Matcha is a concentrated form of green tea that is a traditional Japanese tea and is full of antioxidants with a ORAC (oxygen radical absorbance capacity) of 1,440, which is higher than those special super foods that we all like to consume. 

Now for those of you who don't care about ORAC levels (I don't either, just thought it was an interesting fact), here are some of the amazing benefits of drinking matcha:
  • Relaxation of the mind to increase awareness and focus (perfect for those finals study sessions, am I right?)
  • Induces apoptosis aka promotes the death of those cancerous cells in your body
  • Improves breath
  • Improves skin
  • Increases metabolism (to help drop the Freshman 15 we all refuse to admit we gained)
  • Bye, bye hangovers (perfect for post Little 500, IU friends)
  • Cheap, so so cheap! A venti with two scoops is just $0.89!!
I'm on my second venti matcha of the day, but no regrets here! 



I recommend trying matcha water in a grande with one scoop before going all in for the venti with two! Also, make sure you mix the drink before you drink to avoid drinking clumps of matcha!




No comments:

Post a Comment