Thursday, July 27, 2017

Five Things To Do Before School Starts




First, it's Miracle Treat Day! Make sure to stop by your local Dairy Queen today, July 27th, in support of Children's Miracle Network Hospitals! Your purchase of a blizzard goes to providing children at CMNH hospitals the care and treatment that they deserve. CMNH is very important to me as many of my friends have had siblings who are Riley kids.  I've been involved with Riley Hospital for Children (Indiana's CMNH) through dance marathons (high school and college) and through my sorority, Phi Mu.





Now to the point of the post:

I know what you're thinking, "A back to school post when it's not even August?". YES!

These are five things that you can do now that won't have you dreading class and will help you start out the year organized.


1. Purge your closet

Clean out your closet, including shoes and jewelry, and then divide things that you don't want into trash, donation, and sell piles. I sell my clothes to Plato's Closet and Poshmark. Selling your clothes will also give you spending money for the upcoming school year.

Tip: If you sell to Plato's, look up your local store to see what pieces they're really wanting at the moment. They'll be more likely to take those pieces. 

2. Purge your room 

This can be good for two things. One, you can find things that you want to take to your dorm or apartment. Secondly, you can figure out what you really don't need anymore. I always clean out my nightstands before I go back to school (somehow an abundance of chocolate and cough drop wrappers end up in a drawer) to find chargers that I need to take and to just organize everything that is in there.

3. Set up your planner

Setting up your planner before you move in can save you from forgetting about events and can save you from the hassle of rescheduling.

Tip: Color code classes, clubs, work, social, fitness, etc. 

4. Order your textbooks

I know a lot of people wait until classes start to get their textbooks, but I recommend ordering them before hand because you can always return them within a week of picking them up. If you order them before school starts, you'll have your books that you need just in case they go out of stock. You never know when your professor is going to assign an important reading.

Also, ask friends who may have had the same professor before if the textbook is that important. If it isn't, then maybe wait until class starts to determine whether you want to purchase or rent the book instead.When ordering your textbooks, make sure to compare prices. I usually order mine from Amazon or my campus TIS because of how easy it is. I'm not a huge fan of Chegg, but if you like it, use it.

Tip: Save money by ordering used books (or by renting). 

5. Make a playlist for walking to class 

I always make a playlist for walking to class. I think that's important to have just the right kind of music on right before you walk into a boring hour long lecture. I'll be posting my back to school playlist in August before I move into my apartment.

Grab a blizzard and get some work done before school starts!



Shop this post: 

         
     




1 comment:

  1. I never thought about making a playlist to walk to class, but that sounds like such a good idea. Sometimes you gotta get yourself pumped right? Lol

    ReplyDelete