Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Fitness Routine + Go-To Snacks

This summer I'm focusing my fitness routine back to a schedule while supplementing it with more plant based meals along with quick, easy snacks.



My summer fitness routine is somewhat similar to my routine at school, but I've added in workout classes from my favorite local gym. At school I try to workout 5-6 days a week depending on school work load. I switch between arms, legs, full body, and cardio while supplementing with HIIT, body barre, rowing, and Zumba. 

Here's a basic run down of my weekly fitness routine:

Monday: 3 mile walk + Dance Fuzion + Barre

Tuesday: 3 mile walk with sprint intervals + Arms

Wednesday: 3 mile walk + Dance Fuzion

Thursday: 3 mile walk +  Legs

Friday: 3 mile walk + HIIT or Fully Body Workouts 

Saturday: Rest

Sunday: Rest 

It works better for me to rest on the weekend because my parents and I are always on-the-go on the weekends.  I use 8 pounds for my heavy weights and 4 pounds for my light weights. 

During my workouts, I track my steps and activity with my FitBit and use the app CharityMiles so that my miles can go to donating money to a charity of my choice. I personally have my app set to donate to charity:water




Go-To Snacks 

During high school my go-to pre(and post)-tennis match snacks were Luna and Clif bars, but I started looking for more options once I got to college. Since I've been in college, I've added three more healthy snack bars to my snack bin. More often than not, I grab a nutrition bar for a quick breakfast on the go.





What I love about the RXBAR is that the bars don't have any filler. What you see on the wrapper is what you get, and the bars are delicious. With no added sugars, preservatives, dairy, soy, or gluten, it's basically what every one is wanting right now. I'm not dairy or gluten free, but I appreciate the care that goes into these bars to make sure that only healthy products go into the bar. I've been trying to limit the amount of dairy I'm intaking so these bars are right up my alley. My favorite bars are the Chocolate Sea Salt and the Peanut Butter Chocolate.




A new addition to my bin. Some of the friends that I've made in CHAARG recommended GoMacro to me after having them at the national leadership retreat. So, I decided I had to try them out. GoMacro is a sustainable living company that makes nutrition bars that are vegan, organic, R.A.W, C.L.E.A.N, kosher, and non-GMO. I was sold on the non-GMO and organic, but I also love that there are no refined sugar either! I know a lot of vegans have talked about having issues finding nutrition bars, but I recommend checking these out. Check out these nutrition bars, here

 My local store only had the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip, but I visited Fresh Market this weekend and hit the mother load so I stocked up! I'm so excited to try the rest of these flavors.




What I like: gluten free and only have 9 ingredients (or less). Honestly I just really love the flavors available. 




Comment what kind of workouts you do and what kind of snacks you eat before or after your workout. 









3 comments:

  1. I love how you incorporate walking into your workout routine. I think a lot of people, especially beginners, get overwhelmed with the idea of running or doing a HIIT work out so walking is a great place to start! CharityMiles is probably the coolest thing I've never heard about until now. I recently just did a post on workout essentials for beginners over on my own blog and now I wish I had included an app of some sort on it!

    Darrian
    www.darrianmichelle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love using CharityMiles! Not only does the money go to charity, but you can make teams with your friends and see how many miles your team can get! Plus the app is good for tracking indoor and outdoor walking/running. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. Those RXBARs look really cool! I love the sassy "No BS" line at the bottom of each package.

    ReplyDelete