Thursday, September 3, 2015

Things That Every College Student Should Be Aware Of

As a sophomore in college, I firmly believe that I am somewhat wiser than I was this time last year. Within this last year I have realized that there are things that every college student should be aware of.


  1. Life is so much easier with a car on campus, but it is not necessary to have one freshman year. In fact, don't bring one. 
  2. Stressed? Skip the chocolate and head to the gym. 
  3. Mom walks around campus are fun and everyone does them. (Hello Fitbit steps)
  4. Always put your academics before social life, i.e. parties. Parties are forever, but grad schools and employers will care more about your attitude than your partying skills. 
  5. MOVE TO THE BACK OF THE BUS. Yeah the bus driver yelling at you is annoying, but this is important. Others want to get back home too. 
  6. Don't forget your school ID. Ever. IU has printers that require your school Id to be swiped and if you don't have it, you won't get what you need. 
  7. Starbucks is literally a lifesaver. 
  8. Don't get the meal plan that athletes get. I'm still cruising on meal points because apparently my mom thinks I eat a lot?
  9. Say thanks to people who hold doors open for you. 
  10. Invest in Amazon Prime. You'll thank me later. 
  11. Always have a water bottle with you to stay hydrated. 
  12. Do not purchase all new textbooks. Purchase used or rent. 
  13. Don't park where the curb is painted yellow unless you have a desire for your car to be hit by a bus. True story, a Lexus SUV got hit across from the house. 
  14. Go to class.
  15. Make friends.
  16. Don't eat pizza every chance you can get. 
  17. Make sure there is a way you can get cash on campus. (S/O to my bank for taking the ATM out of the union and forcing me to open a new account with a bank in town)
  18. Talk to professors for study habits. 
  19. Have fun. 
I swear that there will be more posts with actual photos, but I'm still working on getting on a schedule here. 
Keep Up With Me

No comments:

Post a Comment