Friday, June 12, 2015

Um, Excuse You?

Summer after freshman year of college = weird questions/statements from people + sassy replies that I wish I could say:
  1. "Well are you going back?" (A mom asking me if I was returning to college for sophomore year) Um duh. 
  2. "You should become a politician." (Whhhhaaaat? You now perfectly well that I would probably end up having an anxiety attack at some point. Although, I would be more than happy to be on the Republican ticket)
  3. "So are you changing your major to business?" (No E, shut up.)
  4. "You did such a great job drying the courts today that you might be in charge of it tomorrow?"(Uhhhhh can we get new drying towels then? :) )
  5. "So how was graduation?" (I seriously just finished my freshman year of college, where have you been?)
  6. "So are you engaged?" (What? I've never even had a boyfriend, please have some chill. You can go ask half of my high school class though)
  7. "So how's business school going?" (Um I don't know, I'll let you know when I'm your doctor in 10 years)
  8. "How many guys did you hook up with?" (You're in high school; stop being so nosy. Also, to answer your question, none.)
  9. "Oh, you're here." (Um yeah, hi, this is my home town. Back off)
  10. "You go to Purdue, right?" (Yeah, I just wear a lot of IU/Hoosiers stuff to throw people off)
  11. "Oh you're wearing yoga pants...again" (Yes, they are comfortable.)
  12. "How crazy was Little 500?" (That's a secret I'll never tell. xoxo, Gossip Girl)
In other news, I'm so glad that I got to witness this beautiful sunset before I went to work the other day! 


4 comments:

  1. This was great Mallory!

    xx Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad to have faithful readers like you!

      Delete
  2. This is such a good idea for a post! I got asked so many of those questions last summer, my favorite is always "are you going back?" I will never understand why people need to ask that

    Jenni // The Beautiful Little Fools

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the mother asked me that, I kind of just looked at her in shock!

      Delete