Thursday, January 22, 2015

My Recruitment Story


With Recruitment officially over and Bid Week in full swing, it is time for a recap of my recruitment experience.  IU has 22 sororities, three of which are unhoused and it's known as a really unique rushing experience. Here is what the process looked like:


22 Party: Took place over two days with houses showing skits. Some houses also had house tours followed PNMs talking to multiple sisters. Outfit: PNM shirt given to us by Panhellenic. I paired with with jeans and J Crew vests! Also I had my parka because it was negative temperatures both days!

16 Party: Took place over two days. Philanthropy video followed by talking to more members. Outfit: Casual. I went with jeans and sweaters paired with J. Crew Vests each day. 

9 Party: This was the Sisterhood round followed with more talking. (I honestly almost started crying at a few of them.) Outfit: Business casual. I wore a skirt with a cute blouse. Start to form 

3 Party: Preference round. Each house has a different way of showing the PNMs parts of their sisterhood. I also talked to one girl this round at one house that I had already talked to! This is when I actually started crying at a house! Outfit: Dress with heels. 

Rho Gam Reveal: The night of preference round we gathered in the Union to find out what sorority our Rho Gam was in. I went to the event with seven other girls from my group that were also from my dorm and it was seriously one of the best nights of my life!

I will be completely honest and say that I was freaking out and stressed throughout the whole process. I was crushed when some of my favorite houses dropped me after 22 and 16 parties, but my Rho Gamma told me to keep going through the process. For preference round I went to my top pick and two unhoused sororities that I knew weren't for me. Preference round was on Sunday and Bid Night was Tuesday with Monday (MLK Day in between). I didn't have classes Monday or Tuesday so I was a nervous wreck all day until my Rho Gam came to give me my bid. 

Bid Night

I was seriously almost crying when my Rho Gam finally walked into my room on bid night. I was stressed and anxious and there was only one name that I wanted to see on my bid besides mine. Luckily, one of my friends was standing in the corner for support (S/O to Jaleecia for being there and seeing me freak out). I wish I had a video of when I got my bid because according Jaleecia, I jumped at least a foot off the ground. Opening my bid and seeing my number one house on the card was a dream come true! 

I am so happy to announce that I received a bid from Phi Mu!

 Throughout my whole recruitment process no house made me happier or made feel more welcomed than the Phi Mu sisters. I am so happy that I will get to call all of them my sisters! My pledge class is either 49 or 50 girls, and we've already gotten close over the past two nights! Not only is their philanthropy close to my heart, but also the girls are so genuine. So excited to call the girls of Phi Mu my sisters! 

Below are some pictures from bid night!


I was so happy to see this when I got off of the rush bus!





Meet my pledge class! Love my Phis!






No comments:

Post a Comment