Sunday, January 4, 2015

14 Things from 2014


Hey everyone! I'm finally home from Turks and Caicos and I'll be catching up on blog posts starting with this one. Here are fourteen things that I learned in 2014. 

1. Senior year matters. It's when you figure out who your best friends from high school really are. I'm happy to say that I have five true friends from high school that I can trust with anything. 

2. Enjoy your last summer at home and make the most of it! Go to concerts with friends, people watch at the fair (okay that's a small town thing, don't judge), go on road trips (I'd drive up to the train and ride into Chicago with my friends), and take shopping trips.

3. Make money. I had my first real job during the summer of 2014, it was just a summer job, but I loved it! 

4. Read. Read everything on your to read list because once you get to college, your time is limited. 

5. Buy LL Bean Boots early. I bought mine in may so I had them for school and I'm so happy I did! Do not wait until the last minute to order them!

6. Stationary is necessary. One of my best friends and I have gotten really into stationary and we send good, ole snail mail to each other at school! My favorite stationary places are May Designs and Paper Source.

7. Caffeine is life. Before college I drank some coffee, but now I drink a lot of coffee. If you ask me if I want coffee, the answer is probably yes. 

8. Confidence. Confidence is a big part of why I started this blog in October! Now that I'm in college I don't care what people think of me, especially people from my high school. 

9. Planners. A planner is necessary to keep everything organized. I personally use a Lilly Pulitzer one and I love it! It keeps me from being a procrastinator (kind of).

10. It's okay to wear different versions of the same thing! I wear a lot of flannels, pop overs, and sweaters at school because they are so easy!

11. Exercise. I definitely need to devote more time to exercising during the week and it helps with more than just maintaining fitness! 

12. College becomes home. It's where my bed is, where my friends are, and where my future awaits. However, my real home is three hours away from school with my family, my cat, and real food. 

13. Nights in are okay. It's okay to stay in, order food, and watch Netflix to unwind from the week. It's not mandatory to go out and drink. 

14. Positivity. Get a bad grade? Be more positive about what you can do differently for the next test. Gain some weight? Be positive. Do not let anyone tell you that you're ugly and fat. Stressed? Be positive and go hug some puppies.

----------------------------------
Who's excited for the Lilly sale tomorrow? I know I am!
Here is one of my last photos from Turks and Caicos courtesy of my dad (don't worry, I'm trying to work on his photography skills).







No comments:

Post a Comment