Friday, June 23, 2017

Currently Loving Vol. 01

I'm going to start a weekly post titled 'Currently' that will be posted each Friday. Each week I'll share products I'm currently loving, books I'm currently reading, and what I'm currently listening to. Tune in each Friday to see what I'm currently loving! Here goes Vol. 01.




Currently Reading: 

Infectious Madness by Harriet A. Washington

Goodreads Excerpt:

"Is it possible to catch autism or OCD the same way we catch the flu? Can a child's contact with cat litter lead to schizophrenia? In her eye-opening new book, National Book Critics Circle Award-winning author Harriet Washington reveals that we can in fact "catch" mental illness. In INFECTIOUS MADNESS, Washington presents the new germ theory, which posits not only that many instances of Alzheimer's, OCD, and schizophrenia are caused by viruses, prions, and bacteria, but also that with antibiotics, vaccinations, and other strategies, these cases can be easily prevented or treated. Packed with cutting-edge research and tantalizing mysteries, INFECTIOUS MADNESS is rich in science, characters, and practical advice on how to protect yourself and your children from exposure to infectious threats that could sabotage your mental and physical health. "

Follow along with what I'm reading/what I've read this summer by following my Goodreads account, here.

Up Next:

Summer Sisters by Judy Blume
The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
The Nest by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney


Currently Listening to: 
Podcast: "Serial" 
Music: "Smells Like Summer" by Early Hours 

Currently Wanting: 

These Soludos shoes

This necklace


Currently Loving: 

These Dry Bar products: I was searching for a new heat protectant and my friend told me to check out Dry Bar products. So, I purchased 'Hot Toddy Heat and UV Protectant' and 'Prep Rally Prime and Prep Detangler'. I'm loving both of these products so far.

Lush: I love Lush's 'Ocean Salt' face and body scrub and have been using it for about two years. Last week I purchased a new hair mask, 'Marilyn', which is a pre-wash treatment for blondes. If you're a natural blonde, I recommend getting this product. I've found that my hair looks less brassy and the blonde color is now lighter and my lighter highlights are even brighter.


This Show Me Your Mumu romper (in Banana Leaf)- I originally ordered it for my 21st birthday celebrations, but I ended up sending it to the wrong address. However, I finally got it sent to the right address and I love it! It's a little shorter than I what I feel is appropriate tow ear my in hometown, but I can't wait to wear it when I get back to campus!


Just Finished: 


Audiobook: Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari 

If you enjoy Aziz Ansari, then I recommend you listen to him read his book. I enjoyed listening to the  audiobook while getting ready and while driving. 




1 comment:

  1. I love all your book suggestions! I've had more free time this summer so I've been able to get back to reading!
    xo, Syd
    anchoredinthesouth.com

    ReplyDelete