Monday, June 22, 2015

Mainly Monday

Kale Salad:

I made this kale salad for dinner last night and I definitely recommend it!


INGREDIENTS: 

  • 3 cups chopped fresh kale
  • 1 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
  • 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
  • pinch of salt and freshly-ground black pepper
  • 1/4 cup freshly-grated Parmesan
  • 1/4 cup toasted bread crumbs (optional) 

  • I used roasted pine nuts instead of toast bread crumbs! 

DIRECTIONS:

In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, salt and pepper.  Add kale and Parmesan (and bread crumbs, if using), and toss until the kale is evenly coated.  Massage the dressing into the kale with your fingers for an extra minute or two until the kale is soft and dark green.  Serve immediately.

Recipe via Gimme Some Oven 

10/10 recommend! 

National Wear Your Lilly Day

I had a blast yesterday on National Wear Your Lilly Day with my friend Ashley! Check out more of the pictures here

Not so diet, diet

I'm taking the opportunity of my parents being gone this week to make some healthy meals and get back on track with my summer weight loss! This week's meals will be full of vegetables and lean meats!  Also a lot of water, smoothies, and matcha water! 

Phase 1: 


water and the kale salad from above




No comments:

Post a Comment