Sunday, December 7, 2014

Week in Review

I'm currently sitting in my messy dorm room during a break from studying trying not to think of how much I have to do this week. This past week was full of assignments and the beginning of last minute cramming by professors. This upcoming week is 'dead' week even though I still have many things to turn in. I didn't realize that college really doesn't stop because of one little word. There is no such thing as dead week at IU. There is so much to do and many visits to Starbucks ahead of me. 

Tuesday evening I got a small break because I went to a basketball game with my friend Jon followed by dinner at our favorite local Chinese/Japanese restaurant. Wednesday I sat down at my desk for an interview with Anonymous Prepster. The picture that is featured was taken after I went from sweats and a sweatshirt to a put together outfit (I was studying before the interview). 


Friday evening was spent at the mall with my friends to get goodies for Secret Santa after my first Cyber Monday purchase arrived at my dorm. Is it really Christmas time if you aren't involved in at least one Secret Santa? No, it simply is not. I even got a stocking to put on my door that my friends can put small gifts in! 

Yesterday my friend and I went to brunch at a local cafĂ© to spy on our friend who was on a date. Girls, always be backup for your friends on dates with guys that they're no sure about. Just as a precaution!  On our way back to our dorm we stopped at a local bookstore that we had no idea existed. All of us instantly fell in love with it. What's not to love about local bookstores? I picked up Anthropology of an American Girl by Hilary Thayer Hamann. Honestly, the colors of the cover caught my eye, but the synopsis of the book made me buy it! Our next stop was a small store that sells IU shirts and the shirts for the football tailgates. There was a shirt with a Harry Potter theme that I didn't get to pick up during season that they had available to wear. It's a Comfort Colors shirt so it's bound to be comfortable. Last night there was another basketball game, that the Hoosiers easily won versus Savannah State, followed by dinner at our favorite pizza restaurant. 





Today has been spent studying with much more to come. I had my first Rho Gamma group meeting today and I am so excited for rush after break! My Rho Gam is hilarious and perfect for my group. Also, calculus will be the death of me by finals week. 

Is anyone else having a rough week or have one ahead?

No comments:

Post a Comment