Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Book Store Wandering

Yesterday, my first official day of summer, my friend Leanna and I decided to find a used book store and see what it had to offer. Now an excursion to the town it's located in always includes my GPS sending us in the wrong direction which ends in us getting lost. However, after a few wrong turns, Leanna and I were able to find this little, used book store in the middle of a residential area in the town. 

It started raining cats and dogs as soon as we got near the bookstore and by the time we got into the store, my tote and Leanna's shoes were soaked. 






Leanna took this photo of the cat because I looked in the window and pointed at it while yelling "CAT, THERE'S A CAT IN THE WINDOW".  I promise I'm normal, really. 




All pictures taken at Hyde Brothers in Fort Wayne, IN. 

Leanna purchased some old maps for her boyfriend and I purchased a book titled Turn of Mind by Alice LaPlante. 



Later in the day, we ran to Barnes and Noble where I purchased three more books: 



Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 
and
Bossypants by Tina Fey


I am so excited to read this summer without having to do a summer assignment to go along with the novels!

My Summer Reading List:
  •  Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling (Currently Reading)
  • Stiff by Mary Roach
  • The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt (Already started)
  • Wild by Cheryl Strayed
  • The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith aka J.K. Rowling
  • 18Q4 by Haruki Murakami 
My goal for this summer is to read at least these ten books and maybe more. 
To keep updated on what I have read this summer, check out my Summer Reading Link

What books are you planning to read this summer?




1 comment:

  1. I've been looking for some books to read this summer, so thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete