Sunday, May 31, 2015

Saving and Making Money in the Summer





Sell your clothes: 
Each season I clean out my closet and take the clothes that I don't want anymore to Plato's Closet to earn so extra cash. Sometimes my parents will send some clothes along and will let me keep all of the money that Plato's offers which comes in handy throughout the year. I've earned anywhere between $20-$150 with the clothes I have taken in. I recommend checking your local Plato's to see what items they are currently in need of to earn some cash.

You can also sell used books at used bookstores such as Half Priced Books! I have sold a lot of books there and usually get a fair amount of money back.

Keep your change:

 I keep whatever coins I get back from purchases and place them in a container to take to a coin counter later. My parents do the same thing and then cash the coins in right before vacations for spending money! At school I kept my coins in a plastic bag and then would bring those coins home to add to my container. The coins really do add up! I'll be taking the coins in at the end of the summer to get cash back and then I will with deposit the money or keep it for spending money at school!


 The container that I keep my coins in. (It also has a lid with handles)


Sports Lessons: 

During the summer, I teach tennis through a tennis camp in my town, but will also be giving lessons on the side the summer after some people asked me to. Giving sports lessons means that you can plan around your schedule because it's not a full time job. 

Barista: 
Yes, this is a lot of work, but if you are good enough barista and are nice to your costumers, the tips could become a big part of your summer cash! Also, think about the coffee drinks you can create! 

Babysitting/Nannying: 

Become a licensed babysitter and babysit around your community. Make sure you are trained in CPR and First Aid and have references. Also consider dog sitting, house sitting, or flower watering (a job that I did when I was younger, but the money was fantastic!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment